Thursday, October 14, 2010

October 14: Would You Like Some Waffles With That?

Well, here I am in lovely Brussels, Belgium.  After getting lost (which is becoming an unwelcome trend) trying to find my hotel, I set out to explore the city as long as I could last before the lack of sleep kicked in.  It is cool and slightly overcast here, so I feel right at home.  IceBat is fine, though he was a bit grumpy from traveling the entire way over the Atlantic in an overhead compartment...silly IceBats...



IceBat on the train from Brussels Airport to the city proper

A church I stumbled across while I was lost

The BIG church next to my hotel...they are doing a massive restoration project on it

...they tend to go hand in hand...

Street art...

When Van Halen meets Van Helsing?

took this one for my mom...it's an inside joke...

Street art...

Street art...

The Belgians LOVE their Tintin...this is the entire side of two buildings

Street art...



IceBat and Mr. HappyPaint








...another inside joke...THE BUMS LOST!


Yes, that is Prince Albert...not in a can...





Maybe more people would listen if you made it look nicer...and not the ENTIRE side of a historical building...











I am not sure who was more amused by this, me or the elementary school kids...

I can go ahead and check this off of the "things to laugh at in person" list...

WAFFLE!

"They" say if you rub his arm, it will bring good luck...we shall see...


I then went to the area known as The Grand Place. This is the historical heart of the city.  The photos do not capture how jaw-dropplingly amazing this is to see. The sheer size, color, and all that are beyond words...







Apparently, they went to the OSU school of marketing...

Galeries St. Hubert

Galeries St. Hubert

Creepy weird

SCREW FLANDERS!


How could I NOT stop in and buy something with that name?




My hotel

So, my hotel...going into it, I knew the rooms were themed, but it was in the area I wanted to be in, and it was the right price........little did I know that I would be taking myself on a romantic getaway....welcome, to "The Tahiti Room"




No comments:

Post a Comment