Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10, 2010: Back At It, Swiss Style...

Well, here I am in Geneva, Switzerland.  The flight in was long, but uneventful.  After getting lost three different times before finding my hotel (which was about 100 yards from the train station), I hustled out to the CERN facility only to be informed that March 10th is NOT March 11th, and I needed to come back tomorrow for the tour I am booked for...I will blame jet lag, though in reality, it is nothing more than stupidity.


After my amusing mistake, I went to the other side of the city and toured the U.N. Headquarters.  Intense security as one would expect, but a very cool tour nonetheless.  I am now back at my hotel where my body forced me to sleep for a few hours...THAT, jet lag can take responsibility for...




This is the BIG, broken chair in front of the U.N. It symbolizes something I can't remember...


The main entrance to the U.N....visitors like me can't get in there...


...but you know who CAN get in this way? Yeah, that's right...IceBat!



The International Red Cross Museum...


One Of The Meeting Rooms In The United Nations


The halls of the U.N. are filled with gifts of art from the member states...this is from Finland:


...this is from China...it is absolutely stunning in person...


This is a gift of the U.S.


The main meeting room, formerly the meeting room of the League Of Nations



This is the a gift from Russia, representing the conquest of space



I think this is an art museum...very cool building...



Great man, great statue...


Pre-jetlag fallout...my pass for the U.N....yes, I smiled...


All in all, I didn't take many photos today, mostly due to jetlag and, well jetlag.  Tomorrow, I will do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment