Sunday, March 14, 2010

March 14: Zurich: Closed On Sunday's

Here in Zurich where the the weather is cold and gray, just how I like it! Internet service is spotty at best, but thankfully, I am a nerd of nerds, and have things up and running.

Though I have managed to injure the arch on my left foot, I still spent about 5 hours all over the city today.  For those who do not know, Zurich is one of the many cities that almost completely shuts down on Sunday's, and that made things a bit tough.  However, as fate would have it, as I was randomly wandering the streets, I suddenly found myself standing in front of the only Wagamama's in ALL of Switzerland...I didn't even know there was one in this country! All the better, it was OPEN, so I feasted on some chili-chicken ramen and the ALWAYS killer ginger-white chocolate cheesecake...and also got a "Wagamama's Switzerland" shirt...tomorrow, things will be open.


My hotel room...makes the Stockholm closet look like a palace!


If you don't go to the show, you'll get his kung-fu!


Zurich


Why yes, that IS the largest clockface in Switzerland!


Some other Two Towers


Clock + idiot


Excuse me, but do you have a bat in your belfry?


A big bird...not THE big bird though...


I believe this statue is devoted to me


Zurich


Know your birds!


Midevil bad language punishment!


Zurich


FOX News has labeled this statue as an enemy of America!


Zurich


A fountain.


Wierd...but cool


Kirche Enge Chruch


Totally heading to the weight room!


I am always a sucker for interesting street art


word.


these stairs go up...


close up of the big 'ol clockface

No comments:

Post a Comment